Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Patrick Sky



' Here I sit in a world without pain,
while the Nectar of God, well it flows through my veins ... '

Many a night Wally and I would play Patrick's "Nectar of God"


It's a dirty old world it'll make a man cry
All the do-nothings live, God almight now
And the good people die.

When I left home my mother said son
Go into the world, God almight now
But don't you go wrong.
So here I sit in a world without pain
While the Nectar of God, God almight now
Well it flows through my veins.

When I left home my mother said son
Go into the world .. God almighty now
But don't you go wrong.


So here I sit in a world without pain
While the nectar of God .. God almighty now
Wll it flows through my veins.

Lat in the evening, and early in the morn
The mist on Dog Mountain hangs low
And the voice of my mother
Rides in on the down wind
Sayin' son, don't stay too long.
Yes, the green leaves of Autumn, they fall to the floor
And the inside is outside, God almighty now
And I can't find the door.
Well, you ask what's the blues, well I'll tell you if I can
It's a ten dollar woman, God almighty now
And a five dollar man.
Got the blues in my coffee, I got the blues in my head
If I die in the gutter, God almight now
Well, at least I'll be dead.
Well, I don't like living, but I don't wanna die
'Cos if I was dead, God almight now
Well, I'd miss getting high.

Late in the evening and early in the morn
The mist of Dog Mountain hangs low
And the voice of my mother
Rides on the down wind, Saying son, don't stay too long.




Patrick Sky "Guabi Guabi"

Also, click here for Arlo's version




' Guabi Guabi kuzwan le toum diomeah... '
I have always sang ' .. Guabi Guabi goose were made for dying .. '
ah well, who knew?? Guabi Guabi lyrics


Patrick Sky “Egrett Line"






Patrick Sky, Pennywhistlers, and Pete Seeger "Rosin the Bow"



Patrick Sky "Separation Blues"



No comments:

Post a Comment